It’s the annual challenge to blog in a way different to how you normally blog. You may choose to create a podcast, or vlog, create a wordless post or write in verse. You’ve already stretched your wings with an infographic, now it’s time to freestyle. You can post on any topic you like, but be sure to post in a style different from your usual blog presentation. There’s not too much guidance for this one simply because the more varied the posts are on this day, the wider the sources of information for other bloggers will be. Bonus points if you manage to work your house animal in somehow.
Here’s something a bit different to celebrate Knit Crochet Blog Week. We are giving one pair of Karbonz Circular Needles, in any size that we have in stock, to one lucky winner. I am loving these needles and cannot recommend them enough, so here’s a chance for you to try them.
Solve the crossword puzzle then read off the GREY shaded squares…
NB – Solving online or on a printed sheet will not show the grey shaded squares, please refer back to this page for the final puzzle.
Ravelry may prove useful for finding solutions.
1. Triangular, round, rectangular or otherwised shaped for your shoulders (5)
3. Knitting with holes (4)
4. Not an alternative noun for a vessel, but our verb for what we do (5)
10. It has three lobes and 11A loves it (9)
11. A notable crafter, bringing the community together (8)
12. Not by crook, but by hook (7)
14. Opposite of 26A (4)
15. A tale to tell, or a cake to knit with (4)
16. Yoked sweater by Kate Davies (4)
19. Knitwear designer of Urchin (6)
20. Not a 30D (7)
22. A single left leaning decrease (3)
23. Most frequently hooked hat (6)
26. Make a looped fabric with two sticks (4)
29. Mimknits mitts (9)
31. Genius designer of 1D (7)
32. A tag for today, minus a pair of digits (7)
34. The source of all wisdom and inspiration (7)
36. ……. and between, another from 11A (7)
1. Made in 25D fashion (5)
2. Finer than Lace (8)
3. Yarn from 24D (4)
5. Normally 4ply (9)
6. A clever hatter. Woolly …….. (8)
7. Common term for an online journal (4)
8. ……. and pins (7)
9. A hat pattern by 11A (12)
13. …. on or off (4)
17. Seven Days of Knitting or Crochet… or anything else (4)
18. The source of all things woolly (5)
21. 11A has a giant one (6)
24. Where the sheep come from, not your dinner (7)
25. A type of knitting needle (8)
27. Most knitted by Ravelers (8)
28. …….make our favourite 8D
30. Does it Continental-style (6)
33. Busy as one? (3)
35. Yarnover (2)
The grey shaded squares are a Sweater. Tell us who designed it. Don’t forget to leave a valid email address so that we can contact you if you win the draw. We promise we will not abuse your details nor store them after the competition closes.
- Competition is open to all.
- One entry per person, please.
- Closes midnight UTC Sunday 5th May 2013, at which time the solutions will be posted.