Well, who ever would have thought it? High Seas is completed and blocking!
This is a project that I am proud of. Planned from start to finish and the completed article is entirely as envisioned. How often does that happen? It’s a first for me, anyway.
2 ply laceweight handspun made from a roving from The Yarn Yard:
- Superwash BFL roving hand-dyed by Natalie Fergie
- Making Mischief colourway
- Spun on the Ashford Traveller at 14:1 and plied 2ply at 10:1
- High Seas pattern by Kieran Foley
- Knitted on Knit Pro Nova 40cm straight needles 3.50 mm
- Ravelry Project: Mischief at Sea
August 4 2012
July 23 2012
- Lightly blocked to 13″ wide and 77″ long (point to point)
I used two of my three skeins, so approx 600 yards.
Beauty shots later – probably after the Show – I need to label and pack this into my show box now.
My attention is now turned towards finishing the beaded Waves of Grain. The second half is under way and Chart A is almost complete.