Discovered in a Graveyard

Beth and I went on a photography expedition this morning, to give me the chance to try out her older DSLR camera. We chose the Ladykirk graveyard, as we both like the location and the sun was suitably shining – almost too bright in fact. I took about 40 photos, before the camera informed me that the card was full. Here are a few of the better ones.

A fluke shot that worked out well. I wanted to focus on the lichen nearest the camera, but the camera had other ideas.

A fluke shot that worked out well. I wanted to focus on the lichen nearest the camera, but the camera had other ideas.

Lichen on a dyke - exploring depth of focus.

Lichen on a dyke – exploring depth of field.

A carved urn on the top of a gravestone. The lichen is gaining a foothold on this as well.

A carved urn on the top of a gravestone. The lichen is gaining a foothold on this as well.

Last but not least…

Beth setting up a shot. No lochen on her - she usually moves too fast out of camera range!

Beth setting up a shot. No lichen on her – she usually moves too fast out of camera range!

Beth: In the interests of full disclosure (and because I have editing privileges) here’s Gill, hard at work:

Gill

Gill

(Gill again) Next time I’ll take the full height tripod – it’ll be easier on the knees!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply