- Pattern: Rosa rubiginosa Mitts by Hunter Hammersen
- Availability: Book – The Knitter’s Curiosity Cabinet
- Price: $18.95 downloadable £26.95 soft cover
- Website: http://www.knitterscuriositycabinet.com/
- Yarn: ColourMart 100% Extra Fine Merino 10/28NM DK Weight in Forest (dark green)
- Needle: 2.5mm
- Ravelry Pattern Page: Rosa rubiginosa mitts
- My Project Page: Rosa Rubiginosa Mitts
These mitts began life as a test knit prior to publication. I only knitted one, to verify the pattern, but I did like it and always intended to complete the pair. I finished them off as part of the 2012 UFO reduction plan.
The yarn was left over from a cone that I bought and had previously used to make both my Winter Shawl and my June Shawl. It is plied from 10 strands but only loosely and is a bit of a pig to knit with at the best of times. At this gauge, it was quite punishing and made for slow progress. As it is, I have loops hanging out all over the place.
Not the best yarn for this job, in terms of showing the attractiveness of the stitch pattern, but the yarn is soft and warm. It doesn’t look like much right now but I know from previous experience that it will bloom and soften on washing and I shall have some wonderfully warm hands this winter. The twisted rib pattern clings for a beautiful fit.
UFO count now = 21